Search Dirty Moves

Monday, August 23, 2010

Epic Consistency

David and Stephen Dewaele are simply amazing. I've been obsessed with their music for years now... and I still can't get enough of it.



While they are extremely good DJ's (2ManyDJs), its their production talent that really propels them way above the rest. As Soulwax, the one thing that never ceased to amaze me was their consistency. Even though I know what is coming (Those typical Soulwax drums, wild Synth basslines and massive buildups/drops) they still consistently blow me away. So before sharing a video preview of their new remix, I first wanted to share a couple of older gems, for those who haven't heard them before.

Lets start with an original... one that always makes me want to go completely nuts... I'm such a sucker for those little breaks at 1.50. Such a great raw synth sound.

Soulwax - Krack

Then lets take a listen to a couple of their amazing remixes. Probably still the best remix of a Daft Punk song: Guaranteed to get the crowd jumping.

Daft Punk - Robot Rock (Soulwax Remix)

And a killer remix of the Klaxons... I want to marry that cowbell!

Klaxons - Gravity Rainbow (Soulwax Remix)

Love Hot Chip, Love this remix:

Hot Chip - Ready For The Floor (Soulwax Dub)

So, now we've heard some of the classic older joints... Time to preview their newest remix. The video is creepy and awesome... and the remix is exactly what I've been looking forward too... Massive Soulxwax build up!!!



Enjoy,

Ben
GMGN

No comments:

Post a Comment