Search Dirty Moves

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Love Harder

Today I wanted to share some music from a London based artist who I have been following for a few years now – Ali Love. Ali first came on my radar via a collaboration with one of my favorite acts of all time – The Chemical Brothers. Ali provided the vocals on probably the most popular track from the Chems 2007 “We Are the Night” album – “Do It Again.” While I have been a massive fan of the Chems since my teenage year, this album in particular holds a special place in my heart. I was lucky enough to see them live in New York at the Hammerstein Ballroom in 2007… it was a night that changed my life. I was completely blown away by their live show… a musical and visual journey like nothing else I had ever experienced before. That night I made a decision to dedicate myself to music. For so many years I was guilty of saying things like “I wish I could be a DJ”… or “I wish I could produce music like that”… and I realized there was absolutely nothing stopping me from trying… nothing but myself. Music became my highest priority and I haven’t looked back since.

Do It Again was nominated for a Grammy (Best Dance record), and has a great music video directed Michael Haussman… Check it out:

The Chemical Brothers - Do It Again



Ali Love’s new Single “Love Harder” officially set for a February 22nd release has been causing quite a buzz – and its easy to see why. From the dramatic intro, it quickly settles into a groove, slowly building up intensity – into a synthy/pop climax. I love the simplicity of the track, Ali’s Prince like vocals and of course those synths...

Ali Love – Love Harder (Extended Mix)

There are also a couple of good remixes, my favorite being this amazing mix by Mighty Mouse. These guys are serious business!

Ali Love – Love Harder (Mighty Mouse Remix)

2010 stands to be a big year for Ali.. and while we have heard that before in the past, I really feel with the revival of disco.. Now can be Ali’s chance to blossom.

Ben
GMGN

No comments:

Post a Comment